[mythtv-users] DVD hardware

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Mon Feb 25 21:52:32 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Josh White wrote:
>

>> You cleaned lenses with Beer?
>>

> Funny, I was trying to figure out how you clean a lens with the
> Intermediate Power Amplifier :-)
>
> I agree then manual cleaning is best, but I didn't want to suggest it
> here and possibly be held responsible for a damaged unit.

To be honest considering how much a DVD drive costs these days (about
£10 for a quietish one) the effort of stripping it and cleaning the
optics just isn't worth it to my mind.

Even bog standard laptop style units are within the disposable price
range for the most part (with the exception of Blu-Ray parts).