[mythtv-users] Blu-Ray player? Myth capable?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Feb 25 21:11:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:07:18AM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> > Any one else have ideas? Ways to convert etc.... I own these movies,
> > I just want to see them in Myth. I am even willing to convert in
> > Windows to get this done first, then transfer.
>
> Actually you do not "own" those movies. You purchased a license to
> view them under circumstances specified in that license (you did read
> it, right?).

I didn't read it because no one provided it; I'd bet $100 it isn't
actually written down *anywhere*.

And I don't think anyone's ever done a first-sale-doctrine case on
physical objects with copyrighted recordings on them, have they?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)