[mythtv-users] RANT: MythTV has a *horrible* end user experience.

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 25 12:55:42 UTC 2008

Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>> Any controls that require pushing number keys on the remote for operations
>> should not be allowed.  There's no reason all menus shouldn't be operable
>
>  I'm unaware of any that require you to push a number key, except for arbitrary FFW or REW. (like 5 FFW to ffw by 5 minutes).

Perhaps the OP was thinking of things like ripping DVDs (press 0 to start the
rip, 9 to cancel) and MythMusic (press 3 to edit the playlist, etc.).

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you