[mythtv-users] Solved: CC (and maybe Teletext) to DVD

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Mon Feb 25 06:25:57 UTC 2008

> Yeah, that's better than what I expected.

Glad to hear it.

> It would have been a problem if the CC was embedded
> into the DVD video, because I don't know of any tvs
> that decode CC from DVD inputs.

Hmm, I don't have a problem with our TVs displaying CCs when playing
DVDs. I did have a problem with our new plasma TV until I figured out
that I had to disable progressive scan. So now I switch to interlaced
when I want CCs and progressive when I want better video quality from a
commercial DVD that has subtitles.

I should also mention that our DVD equipment is older, no HDMI, only
analog outputs (composite, S-Video, component). Perhaps the CCs don't
make it through a digital connection?