[mythtv-users] Underwater audio

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Mon Feb 25 04:15:39 UTC 2008

I'm having a problem with audio in SVN lately that I've never had
before. On certain channels recorded over firewire (SD mainly), the
audio sounds like it's underwater. Usually, human voices sound OK but
any music sounds warbly and stuttery. The MPEG streams in question all
seems to be 32KHz audio. I haven't changed my hardware or audio
drivers for quite a while but something seems to have change in SVN
lately.

The HD channels have 48KHz audio and play OK.

I'm using the alsa_hda_intel driver with an NVIDIA MCP51 High
Definition Audio device. Myth is set to use ALSA:default as the audio
device and default as the mixer.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Curtis Stanford
curtis at stanfordcomputing.com