[mythtv-users] RANT: MythTV has a *horrible* end userexperience.

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 04:14:29 UTC 2008

The very fact that the OP has generated so much debate proves that the OP is
right. I've said the same as him for the last 3 years and I've done a LOT of
interface design. I personally put hundreds of hours into rewriting EVERY
xml file in MythTV in order to create some semblance of order. Unfortunately
much of the interface modifications I'd like to make are beyond my level of
programming expertise.

Perhaps someone should start a project on sourceforge that is simply for
redesigning the UI. It would contain no code, only a clear, easy to use,
well designed set of screenshots that show a better UI for MythTV. 4-6
months of people sending in ideas and the project managers picking best of
breed should do it. Heck, I'll volunteer to create the final mock ups in
GIMP.

Joe