[mythtv-users] RANT: MythTV has a *horrible* end user experience.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:20:20 UTC 2008

Hi

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Matt MacDonald
<macdonald.matthew at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have to disagree with this statement.  My wife, who is somewhat
>  technical figured the UI out without any trouble and when my
>  grandmother (who's VCR is still flashing 12:00) came by to visit, she
>  picked up the remote and just started to use it.

to just change channels and watch, sure.

try to rewind, skip back etc... then the hassle starts.

Also no easy way to access the current program information.

on my cable box, i press the i button and it shows the name of the
program, press i again and you have a nice summary.

all that information is there in mythtv, you just can't easily and
intuitively have access to it