[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Ben Firshman ben at firshman.co.uk
Sun Feb 24 00:32:30 UTC 2008

On 20 Feb 2008, at 23:09, Scott D. Davilla wrote:

>> As you mention distributions, I have a really good myth frontend set
>> up on Ubuntu. Would I simply be able to copy over the filesystem to
>> the Apple TV and use that? Obviously replacing the kernel and
>> recompiling the modules.
>>

> That should work, you would also have to fixup fstab as stock Ubuntu
> uses UUIDs instead of device path/name but that's an easy. lirc would
> also need changing if you wanted to use the appleir.

http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Apple_TV_Linux_IR_Howto

"(Note, that you actually are not limited to the AppleTV remote. I
recorded the remote of a dead DVD player, and concatenated the
lircd.conf files, so both remotes can be used. -don )"

That sounds interesting. Does this mean I don't have to use the Apple
remote?

> What version of kernel are you running?

2.6.22. It's essentially a gutsy mythbuntu frontend.

Ben