[mythtv-users] How to make MythTV work with S/Video and with Composite

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 23 23:50:48 UTC 2008

Igor Chudov wrote:
> I have a Hauppauge 150 card with coax, composite, and S/Video inputs.
>
> Of them, I will not be using coax, I will use S-Video for Dish and
> composite for Direct TV.
>
> In any case, it does not work too well, mythtv gets stuck if I start
> it up, the settings window goes through the motion etc.
>
> Is there anyone who is using mythtv with composite and s-video? Any
> pages to guide me?

One problem I would think of is that both the composite and the svideo
inputs use the baseband line audio inputs, so at least as far as audio
they would be seen as the same by your system.

I haven't tried what you are trying to do but I suspect it would, at the
very least, take a lot of work to make it work, if indeed it could.

You would have to change the channel mapping so there was no overlap, as
well as deal with the audio problem.

beww