[mythtv-users] any way to load cutlist while still flagging?

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Sat Feb 23 17:24:05 UTC 2008

Ronald Frazier wrote:

> Second, when I tested with the auto commercial skip instead of the
> cutlist, my misunderstanding caused a problem. I'm used to how
> cutlists work. Often times when a program is about to go to
> commercial, it will give you a 5 second preview of what you'll see
> after the commercial break. I absolutely hate those, so what I usually
> do is hit the skip ahead key to jump into the middle of the
> commercial, and then the cutlist will automatically take me to where
> ever the commercial break ends. Problem is, automatic commercial skip
> doesn't seem to work that way, so I was subverting it.

There's you're problem. It took me a while to figure this out too, but
what you want to do at that point, instead of hitting Right to skip
+30s, you hit End, which takes you immediately to the end of the next
commercial break.

 > I much prefer to use the cutlist, because I like that ability to
 > quickly skip past the upcoming previews by hitting skip ahead.
 > Furthermore, when the commercial detection is off and mistakes part of
 > the show for a commercial, I like to turn off the cutlist off so I can
 > rewind and watch that part. However if auto commercial skip is on, it
 > will end up still skipping, so I would need to turn off both features.

When you discover an error in the commflagging, and find that you've
skipped over content you want to watch, hit Home, which takes you to the
beginning of the previous commercial break; it will not skip over that
break when you get there this way.

There's also a setting in the prefs that tells it to jump to N seconds
before the end of the commercial break; I set that to 1 second, so that
it's easy for me to tell when commflagging has messed up. If it jumps to
the end of a commercial, I know it's right, but if it jumps into the
middle of a scene in the program, I know it's wrong and I have to backtrack.

- Marc