[mythtv-users] Is 4GB RAM overkill for mythtv?

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 03:14:29 UTC 2008

I guess mythbackend memory use rises over time as well.

Weeklyprevious<https://mymythtv/nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=localhost&service=RSS%20Mythbackend&geom=&rrdopts=&db=RSS&offset=604800#week>/
next<https://mymythtv/nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=localhost&service=RSS%20Mythbackend&geom=&rrdopts=&db=RSS&offset=-604800#week>
[image: Graph]
*RSS*

I have a script that allows me to keep memory use under control by
restarting daemons and processes daily when it is least likely to interfere
with the system.  I have only 1 GB of memory and I run squid, mysqld,
mythbackend, clamav, qmail, spamassassin, httpd, asterisk.  System seems to
be doing well and free memory is always below critical values.
Weeklyprevious<https://mymythtv/nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=localhost&service=Memory%20Used&geom=&rrdopts=&db=Memory&offset=604800#week>/
next<https://mymythtv/nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=localhost&service=Memory%20Used&geom=&rrdopts=&db=Memory&offset=-604800#week>
[image: Graph]
*Memory*