[mythtv-users] HDHomerun signal strength required

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Feb 22 23:45:50 UTC 2008

R. G. Newbury

> You can find 'Self-Amalgamating' tape at marine chandleries under the
> name 'Rigging Tape'. It is used to cover split pins, split rings and
> other stuff in the rigging.
> Much Much better than pvc electrician's tape on anything being left
> outdoors.

There's also a roofing tape glop.  It comes in a roll maybe 3" wide, and
it's make to seal roof leaks.  It's basically a thick, non-setting black
goop.  You cut off a hunk with scissors, then mold it to whatever you want
to seal like childrens' putty, except it doesn't dry out and never sets. 
You can peal it off later with no problems.  Its biggest limitation is
that it needs to be warm when you use it.

Windows is like a canary in a coal mine, it's the first thing to die on
your network.

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list