[mythtv-users] Channel Icon requirements

John Massengale johnrobertmassengale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 20:56:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have had the best luck saving my channel icons out to PNG files.
> >
> > John

> Are you able to use clear backgrounds?
>
> Mitchell

Yes, I actually I made some of my own icons with Inkscape, and other icons I
got from Wikipedia that were already PNG files with transparency. If you
wanna send me a particular file you are having problems with, I may be able
to give you some advice. It could be the file format, or it could be a path
issue. On my remote front-end, I made copies of the channel icons locally,
and then put them in /home/john/.mythtv/channels/ and also used that path
when specifying the icon for the channel. I did all of this because the
icons that the script I used to pull the icons automatically looked awful,
and I could make much better icons on my own.