[mythtv-users] EPG EIT not working properly

John Massengale johnrobertmassengale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 20:19:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Martin Gutenbrunner <
martin.gutenbrunner at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I noticed lately that the EPG information for some channels is only
> available for current and next programme, although I was sure that on that
> very channel EPG was available for a few days ahead.
>
> So I cleaned the program and eit_cache tables and restarted the backend.
> After about 1 or 2 hours EPG data was filled in as it should be. I had
> information available for the next few days.
>
> About half a day later, epg data which was already available has been gone
> again.
>
> Retried cleaning program and eit_cache tables, the same again. First
> perfectly filled epg data, a few hours later epg data seems to come and go.
>
> I have also enabled eit debug output but I can't see any useful
> information in the logs...
>
> Any idea what could be wrong?
>
> I use the latest 0.20-fixes revision from svn.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört?
> Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have a similar issue, but I wonder
what kind of card you are using? I am using a PCI card to tune the digital
terrestrial ATSC channels in the US. Some of the EIT data comes through, but
for some channels nothing comes over at all. I know that all of the channels
are broadcasting EIT data, because under Windows (bleck) the app that came
with the card picks up EIT data for all of the channels.

John