[mythtv-users] Myth and apple tv

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Fri Feb 22 20:04:55 UTC 2008

>I received an AppleTv for Christmas to replace a hacked XBOX I've been
>using.
>
>In general I'm impressed with the AppleTV, and slightly less impressed
>with running Myth on top of OSX.
>
>I've avoided installing Linux as there are features of the ATV that I'd
>like to use Utube, movie rentals etc.
>
>My preferred way to run myth would be to create menu backrow menu items
>for each Myth function.

Not going to happen as myth functions are too integrated in
mythfrontend to separate and run standalone.

>I think this would increase that all important WAF thing, as it is now I
>navigate to the things I record for her and then got watch what I want
>on some other frontend.
>
>There is some sample  code and stuff at awkwardtv.org, but I suffer from
>three things, a need to finish my CCNA, a lack of c++ experience and a
>mac to compile code on.

You best bet is to wait until the mythfrontend plugin
(http://garion.tzo.com/FrontRowPlugins/) gets updated to work under
the AppleTV framework. It currently only works under 10.5 desktop
FrontRow.