[mythtv-users] HDHomerun signal strength required

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Feb 22 16:10:32 UTC 2008

David Brodbeck wrote:

> The best stuff I've found for waterproofing coaxial cable connectors is
> a product called "Coax Seal".  It's a putty that comes in a roll, like
> tape.  You wrap it around the connection and then mold it.  I've had
> bare copper fittings covered by this stuff up on a roof for 5 years and
> they were still bright and shiny when I scraped it off.
>   I think Radio Shack still sells it; it's also commonly available from
> places that sell amateur radio equipment.

In the UK I sourced some stuff which appears to be a cross between electrician's
tape and soft rubber, called 'Self-Amalgamating Tape'. It may be called that on
the other side of the pond, too.

You wrap it around the joints, it's softer than Electrician's tape, so it moulds
better. My joints easy last 5 years as well. Also gets used on pedal bike and
car repairs, too.

Mike Perkins