[mythtv-users] 1080p Choppy Playback

Mark Hutchinson mark at onnow.net
Fri Feb 22 14:44:56 UTC 2008

On 22-Feb-08, at 7:41 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Mat Kyne <matkyne at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> I am not running SVN. I only upgrade when the new releases come out.
> I guess I will just have to wait.
>
> Just FYI.  I track SVN carefully.  I have not seen any regression in
> performance from 0.20 to 0.21 SVN on my hardware (P4 3.2Ghz with
> Nvidia FX5200).  I strongly believe these issues being seen are
> related to combinations of video card and drivers and nothing to do
> with the code.  I cannot confirm but suspect that most people having
> issue cannot leave well enough alone and have changed multiple
> components (code, card, driver, OS) and blame the code.  I strive to
> keep my system stable and don't change much except Myth and I don't
> see these issues.
>
> Kevin
I would not bet the bank on that.  I have tried many different
hardware combos, decoders, etc...... and say consistent high load and
poor internal player performance.  There are many posts recently that
look to the internal player.  When the entire time, external players
work perfectly with low load on the exact same content.