[mythtv-users] any way to load cutlist while still flagging?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 22 06:43:04 UTC 2008

On 02/21/2008 10:04 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Thu Feb 21, 2008 at 05:57:49PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> On Feb 21, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>>> Since any reasonably fast CPU has no trouble commercial flagging
>>> faster than a show records,

Heh...  My backends (Athlon XP 2400+ and Athlon XP 2000+) take up to
about 2:1 to flag my HDTV recordings.

>>>  is there any way to dynamically load load
>>> the cutlist as the commercial flagger finds commercials? This would be
>>> handy for watching "almost-live" TV.
>> It does this now. If I start recording something and start watching it
>> several minutes after it starts, it will skip commercials it has found
>> so far.
>> The commercial flag setting is off by default for LiveTV if that's
>> what you're talking about. Feel free to turn it on.
> This is the second time recently that I've heard this mentioned and
> don't know what setting people are talking about.  There is no setting
> to enable/disable Commercial Flagging for LiveTV.  There is a setting
> to enable/disable running commercial flagging while the recording is in
> progress, but the JobQueue specific code in tv_rec.cpp explicitly does
> not run jobs for LiveTV recordings.  It only runs jobs if this is a
> pseudo LiveTV recording (ie, you're watching LiveTv and hit 'R' to
> record).
>
> There isn't any specific technical reason that LiveTV recordings can't
> be commercial flagged, the main reason that I disabled this is because
> I didn't want to start scheduling lots of jobs when people are channel
> surfing.

Not to mention the whole "Maximum simultaneous jobs on this backend" and
the effect it would have (i.e. already flagging a recording with a max
of 1 job, so LiveTV gets put in the queue to be flagged later).  And,
considering how many users just leave LiveTV running (noise in the
background), making LiveTV flagging take precedence over all other
flagging jobs probably would cause more problems than it solves.

Mike