[mythtv-users] Is 4GB RAM overkill for mythtv?

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 22:18:41 UTC 2008

I guess it depends on the CPU.  A Pentium 2 with 1 GB of ram will likely be
CPU bound, but a C2D Extreem overclocked to 4.3 ghz will likely be i/o bound
with the 1 GB of ram. Same goes with running on a dual 4 core Xeon system
with 1 gb of ram.

Jedi, what cpu's do you have on your backend and frontend?  Do you have a
monster CPU with 512mb of memory and a something slower with 1gb?