[mythtv-users] Audio stuttering during 1080p playback

Zern mythtv at zernable.net
Thu Feb 21 21:19:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to diagnose a problem I'm having with bad audio stutter. I'm
trying to play a mkv file containing H264 video at 1080P and with DTS
audio. I'm using ffmpeg and xv-blit renderer with spdif passthrough. I'm
also running a recent SVN version.

The video plays beautifully and is perfectly smooth, however the audio
it horribly stuttered. Anything else, both HD and SD plays fine, except
for files with this specific encoding (I've tried 2 files).

In the verbose frontend logs, I get line after line of "[matroska @
0x2b8d006d7060]parsing blockgroup...", but no prebuffering or any other
obvious errors. I'm running an AMD X2 5600+, and am only running one
core at about 85-90% while playing the mkv file. The file is coming over
an NFS network, but I've done speed tests and monitored the NFS
performance, and I'm not coming anywhere near maxing out my bandwidth.
I've also checked for HD performance issues and haven't found anything
there. Free memory is plenty.

Given all that, does anyone have any ideas on why the audio is
stuttering so bad when playing back these files? I've tried several
settings changes like switching on "video as timebase" and "aggressive
audio buffering" but nothing seems to illeviate or improve the
stuttering at all.

Thanks in advance!