[mythtv-users] SVN removal howto

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:48:32 UTC 2008

If you read it again, my question is far from impossible to answer.

Someone who has seen the transition from .17 to .18, .18 to .19, .19 to
.20...could conceivably have a better idea of when they started hearing
"it's close" on the discussion group to "it's here" based on how the
transitions from the last major versions to the next went.

I'm certainly not looking for someone to base their careers or lives on how
accurate their guess is, but the general order of magnitude of the time till
release shouldn't be out of the question for someone with more historical
knowledge.  I'm a bit of a Linux noob and I can't code to save my life
(compiling anything from source is still a challenge for me).

I've been involved with Myth for about 4 months now.  Someone more
knowledgeable would have stronger historical basis, and that's probably
someone who's been involved with this discussion group longer than I, and
from all that they'd be able to generate a better guess than I would. It's
someone like that who I'm asking.  If you know nothing more than that,
please simply ignore the post and wait for someone qualified to answer,
rather than telling me its impossible.

I didn't ask for lottery numbers.