[mythtv-users] mythfrontend packages for xbox xebian sarge

Andy Barr ajbarr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:45:41 UTC 2008

Monkey Pet wrote:
> On 2/20/08, Andy Barr <ajbarr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In Sept 2007 there was a thread on the mailing list labeled "Mythtv
>>  0.20.2 xbox xebian pkgs now available"
>>
>>  Unfortunately I did not update my xbox at that time.  However now I
>>  would like to update but these repositories are not longer available.
>>
>>  deb http://yoeu.net/debian sarge main
>>  deb ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/
>>  sarge main
>>
>>  Does anyone have 0.20.2 packages for the xbox with xebian sarge?
>>

> Hi, what error were you getting?  I think yoeu.net is still up.  You
> might need to add this:
>
> deb http://debian-multimedia.fx-services.com/ sarge main
>
> to replace the down

Yes, I tried it again last night and it did work by using this in my
/etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://yoeu.net/debian sarge main

I'm not sure what I did wrong when I sent my original post.

In case anyone needs to upgrade there xbox this is what I did.
I decided to start fresh by following these instructions,

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Install_using_E_Images

using the E image located here,
http://inaudible.co.uk/perm/linux/xebian-mythtv-0.20.2-small.zip

Next it took me some time to figure out how to ftp files to the E:\
drive as described in the above link.  (I originally installed xebian 4
years ago) I had used the Mech Assault method and went back to the
original instructions located here.

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Software_Method_HOWTO

Next I Inserted the MechAssault game, Select "CAMPAIGN" and picked
emergency Linux.  This booted my Xbox using a minimal Linux and where
the usb keyboard doesn't work but you can telnet into it after you
connect a PC and modify the PC's static IP address to be be
192.168.0.yyy (replace yyy with some number)
So telnet 192.168.0.3 log in as root, password xbox

Now back to this guide,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Install_using_E_Images and
follow steps 1-4.  When I ftp'd the files over I replaced my files in
/mnt/E/debian with the files from the downloaded image.  I used
konqueror for the ftp.  Reboot.

Last, although myth-frontend worked some of the packages (mythdvd,
mythweather, mythvideo) in the E image where not of the same version
(some issues about libmyth being different).  This was fixed by
upgrading them using
deb http://yoeu.net/debian sarge main
apt-get install mythdvd mythweather etc.

Thanks everyone for the help and all the work done on MythTV.
Andy