[mythtv-users] Playing recordings on Windows Mobile phone?

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Thu Feb 21 06:06:35 UTC 2008

David Whyte wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:36 PM, David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:
>> I see options to convert recordings for iPods, but Windows Media Player
>>  10 for Pocket PC seems to support WMA and WMV.  I can't find anything
>>  that will generate those, though.
>>
>>  I'm not looking to stream, I'm looking to shrink and play from my SD
>>  card.  Streaming would be nice, but playing from a local file is more
>>  important.
>>

> I use nuvexport to export to Xvid with a width of 320 and then play on
> my Windows Mobile 6 device using the freeware app called 'The Core
> Pocket Media Player'.  I have a user job setup to run nuvexport so it
> all happens automagically on certain recordings.

Ugh.  I was hoping not to hear that.  I tried installing nuvexport (both
from .src.rpm and from .tar.bz2), but when I run it, it bitches "This
version of nuvexport requires either the cvs or svn version of ffmpeg."

<soapbox>
Gawd I hate that!!!  It's bad enough the various Fedora repos are
practically warring with each other with what should be dependent on
what and what lib package should contain what libraries, without
individual packages just coming out and saying "We're going to force you
to install unreleased software if you want to play".
</soapbox>

Thanks.  I'll try some more Googling.