[mythtv-users] amplifier power control

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Feb 20 23:41:55 UTC 2008

Shawn Rutledge <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> says:
> I gave up on the onboard ATI video for now and put an nVidia board
> in, it's nice and smooth, and the dual-core CPU is fast enough to
> not bother with XvMC.

Case study #247 in how the unwillingness to spend a few dollars--as
little as $30 for a low-end Nvidia card, in this case--led to wailing
and gnashing of teeth MythTVwise.

> So the next thing I'm thinking is how to make it more friendly for
> my wife to turn on the rest of the stuff to watch TV.

[...]

Unless there's a good reason not to use a programmable universal
remote, you're almost certainly again taking a very roundabout route
to the same destination.

Yeechang, who loves his MX-600 (and the MX-500 before that)
--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array