[mythtv-users] Installing latest xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt in [Myth]Ubuntu 7.10?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:12:48 UTC 2008

> I don't know about Ubuntu, but on Fedora these are the notes I made
>  ('#' means as root)
>
>  # yum remove xmltv

I tried to convert these instructions to Ubuntu (e.g. using apt-get,
installing cvs etc) and I get to the point where I need to compile via
perl Makefile.PL but I do not have the correct versions of the library
HTTP::Cache::Transport and Unicode::UTF8simple is not installed at all
I think so it does not allow the compiling of tv_grab_uk_rt

Is it possible to install these libraries separately or has anyone
using Ubuntu know how to get the latest XMLTV installed somehow?

I even tried to use the Hardy repositories but even though it says
0.50.1 is installed and a new channel_ids file is downloaded with
timeshift support etc it does not apear to be the newest script as all
the new functionality is not present (or does not work for me even
though I updated my xmltv ids.).

TIA