[mythtv-users] Video too slow on some mpeg2's

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Feb 20 20:15:25 UTC 2008

> Brad DerManouelian wrote
> On Feb 20, 2008, at 8:04 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>
>> 2008-02-20 10:39:51.198 nVidiaVideoSync: Could not open device
>> /dev/nvidia0, No such device or address
>
> This is just a guess from looking at your log, but I would say your
> nvidia driver is borked. mplayer probably doesn't use nVidiaVideoSync.

No, that couldn't be it. The box uses an Intel graphics chip, and the
nvidia attempt of course fails on every use of the internal player. The
internal players works fine on the mpeg2 I normally play captured from
HDHomerun or firewire (and give the same nvidia error).

I think the difference is the resolution. The good ones are 1920x1080 or
1280x720. The bad ones are 1280x1088. Mplayer/xine/vlc handles them all
well, but the internal player has the trouble with the 1280x1088.