[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:54:33 UTC 2008

It is actually quite easy to do with the application loader from
awkwardtv.org. Then download the macos binarys linked on the wiki and add a
menu item to the application menu.

between the mythtv wiki and the awkwardtv wiki you can get it working in
under 30 minutes.  I don't have HD recording equipment yet, but it already
stutters a time or two when the OSD slides up or down. So I don't think
you'll get to HD this way.

The other issue I have is that the newer builds you have to select to
connect to the back end or not when you start mythtv - you can't get to the
button witht he appletv remote.  So I open a vnc connection click the button
and close vnc. I rarely exit out of mythtv frontend so it isn't a huge
problem for me, but it might be for some.