[mythtv-users] LIRC: 0.5 second lag vs. repeated signals

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Feb 20 17:46:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 06:01:13PM +0100, Dr. C Mythology wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm using a Sony RM-VL600 (universal learning remote) with an MCE USB IR
> receiver.
> My plan is to use a preprogrammed code from the code database on the remote.

I'm using the same remote with the HDHomeRun's IR port.

> I've gone through loads of codes, and even though they all seem to work, I
> don't get the result I'm looking for.
>
> I first create a lircd.conf with irrecord and test it with irw. What
> typically happens is that lirc receives multiple signals when pushing a
> button once.

That's not my experience.

Start by assigning a device to, say, the TAPE button. A DVD
player is probably a good choice. Then enter TAPE mode and
run irrecord, specifying -H and -d options as appropriate for
your USB IR receiver. You should be able to get a clean capture
for every button; if you don't, try assigning different device to TAPE.

-dsr-

subversive content by DHS, and is
believed to be treasonous Commie propaganda.