[mythtv-users] New Version: 1.8 IMDB Bulk Updater for Videometa data

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Wed Feb 20 15:32:05 UTC 2008

> I just found something with the script.....
>
> Should this be deleting the cover art files from the posters dir when
> scrubbing the files from the Database?

Well. This behavior is partly by design.
#1) The script doesn't do anything in regards to modifying your
filesystem, it only modifies entries in the Database.

#2) If a video file moves.. say from an incoming directory, or where you
just made the fresh back up of your new DVD(S) to say some permanent
directory based on genre, etc, the poster doesn't need to be downloaded
again. Yes this also means you end up with some artifacts on the file
system but they should be relatively small jpgs.

#3) I think the mythvideo does this as well. In my past experiences it
seemed that the mythvideo manager leaves posters, but cleans up the
database entries only. maybe I'm wrong on this....

Maybe I can add a switch to clean the posters in a later revision

regards,
Ryan