[mythtv-users] Change channel on Kreatel decoder

F P zagor.fp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:35:01 UTC 2008

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:05:14 +0100
> From: "F P" <zagor.fp at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Change channel on Kreatel decoder
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> On Feb 19, 2008 5:04 PM, F P <zagor.fp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:53:10 +0100
> > > From: Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv at tedde.nu>
> > > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Change channel on Kreatel decoder
> > >
> > > Did you try irrecord?
> > > Try irrecord WITHOUT --force first because if that works its better with
> > > interpreted codes than raw.

Ok, done, but no good news.
I had to issue the following:
# sudo irrecord -d /dev/lircd test.txt

I had to specify the device because it was complaining that /dev/lirc
was not accessible, or something of the kind.
I only have /dev/lircd and /dev/lirc0, the latter gave the same error,
while the former broghat me to the recording prompt.
After pressing few keys on the decoder remote it timed out saying
something like "not received any input in 10seconds".
Also with --force didn't record anything.

Don't know if I've already mentioned this, but I'm on Mythbuntu 7.10,
using lirc version and modules coming with the system.
I haven't followed any of the guides to enable the IRblaster on my PVR-150, yet.
Those are the links for the guides:
http://evuraan.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-to-get-to-use-ir-transmitter-of-pvr.html
http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24

Is irrecord independent on the transmitter?
I guess it should record something even if I haven't updated the
linux-ubuntu-modules and the "/etc/lirc/hardware.conf to call *only*
lirc_pvr150".

What next?

Thanks for your help!
Francesco