[mythtv-users] How can I keep "Browse" view from recursing throughmy home directory?

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Wed Feb 20 04:14:36 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Anduin Withers
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:56 PM
To: mythtv at Gaudrault.net; 'Discussion about mythtv'
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] How can I keep "Browse" view from recursing
throughmy home directory?

> For reasons unknown, when I switch to Browse view, I not only see the
> videos contained in /myth/video, I also see all of the folders and files
> in the home directory (/home/mythtv), whether they're videos or not. Any
> changes to the contents of the home directory is reflected in MythVideo.
> I think you can see how this makes the Browse view largely unusable.

You are probably hitting http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4011 but numbers
like 0.20.2 are mostly meaningless, make sure you are running something
built from the release-0-20-fixes branch in svn (sometime after 14648, just
run from the branch though, don't specify a revision).

Version 0.20.2 may imply you are running something built from the tarballs
available at mythtv.org. If this is true, know that no one should run these;
they are a trap put there to catch people not in the know.

--
Anduin Withers