[mythtv-users] OT: HELP! Broken CRT? not picking up HF signal?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 23:16:08 UTC 2008

Howdy folks!

so I've got this great 21" Viewsonic P817 monitor and over the weekend
I had to move it down to the basement to do some work on my
mythbackend (as I sometimes have to do). This time however, after
putting it back in my bedroom it seems to have stopped picking up the
Horizontal frequency signal on my mythfrontend in the bedroom as well
as my personal laptop. So I've tried it with two computers with which
it previously worked fine, and I've also tried using a different VGA
cable between both. I also, for sanity, connected another monitor to
both PC's with which the display worked fine.

So anyone know of any good resources for troubleshooting/fixing CRTs?

Thanks!
--
Steve "not quite ready to spend money on an LCD for the bedroom" Adeff