[mythtv-users] Encoding to h264 to save space

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:42:02 UTC 2008

As a further script refinement, I am thinking of setting the Group name of
my h264 encoded videos to be different from anything else.

I just thought about something.  Since the video is at 200 kbits, doesn't
that make placeshifting possible?  (Slingbox without a slingbox). Or are
there other technical hurdles to having a mythfrontend running outside of
your lan, and connecting to your home server.

My upload speed is 470 kbps so I think it might work.

Any ideas?