[mythtv-users] Installing latest xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt in [Myth]Ubuntu 7.10?

Mark Fraser mythtv at mfraz74.orangehome.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 12:08:39 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 11:21:37 nospam312 wrote:
> > A lot of trouble... I made the new XMLTV release yesterday.  I would
> > expect a new copy in the YUM repositories soon..
>
> Great.  Are the YUM repositories the standard Ubuntu ones that Update
> Manager uses or do I need to add a repositories somewhere to pick up
> these updates?  TIA.

YUM (Yellowhat Update Manager) is for Fedora, for Ubuntu you would do:

sudo apt-get remove xmltv

I don't think you will get the updated version in the Ubuntu repositories as
they only release security updates between versions. To get the new version
you would have to get the source code and compile it yourself.

|\  /| ark Fraser  /mark at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk