[mythtv-users] Installing latest xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt in [Myth]Ubuntu 7.10?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 23:29:39 UTC 2008

On 18/02/2008, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to use the latest xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt with the
> timeshifted/part channel support and other new features.  Does anyone
> know of the steps needed to update an existing xmltv installation to
> use the new version?

I don't know about Ubuntu, but on Fedora these are the notes I made
('#' means as root)

# yum remove xmltv

(to remove the packaged xmltv)

then, to install it from cvs source:

$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xmltv login

(when it asks for the password just press enter)

$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xmltv
co -P xmltv

(this will create a directory 'xmltv' in the current location)

or to upgrade

$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xmltv
up -P xmltv

then

change to the xmltv directory and

$ perl Makefile.PL

$ make

# make install

obviously you do this at your own risk, but it worked for me :-)