[mythtv-users] Quick-boot linux?

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Mon Feb 18 17:34:12 UTC 2008

Ben Coates wrote:

> How long does your distro take to boot into MythFrontend?
>
> Can anyone recommend a cut-down distro that would boot in under 20
> secs straight into Myth...is that possible at the moment?

30 seconds, give or take for the Epia to come up from cold.  Gentoo
based, all the speed tweaks I can find applied and kernel is compiled
for the machine and using the Gentoo autostart guide.

If your finding a need for speed, perhaps investigating something like
Suspend to RAM or Disk (aka Hibernate)?  Usually systems come out of
hibernate quicker than booting up (and standby is quicker still).