[mythtv-users] Fastest RAID for HD?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Feb 18 16:41:36 UTC 2008

>> What if instead of putting it right in the recordings folder, you had
>> it go into a subdirectory on that partition. I don't believe myth
>> would create the missing subfolder if the drive failed to mount.
>>

> Did I mention anything about subfolders?
> I mount a 1TB drive here. I do not use subfolders.

Did I say you mentioned anything about subfolders? No. It was *I* who
was suggesting that *IF* you put them in subfolders on the other
partition (instead of putting them in the "root" of the other
partition) then myth wouldn't fill up your root partition in the even
of a mount failure because the directory it was looking wouldn't
exist. The mount point would exist, but there would be nothing under
it, so myth wouldn't find the folder it was looking for an wouldn't be
able to write into it. It would then choose another storage folder,
right?

Maybe thats not the goal you are trying to acheive...I don't know.
This thread has gotten quite long.

--
Ron