[mythtv-users] mplayer HD content on SD TV = green bars?

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Mon Feb 18 14:37:38 UTC 2008

Been trying out some HDish content on my EPIA MII10k frontend (1280x740
xvid's) to see how downscaling would work on to my SD PAL TV via S-Video
connectors.  We're entering a HD world so I figured might as well test
to see how my antiquated stuff will cope :)

Well, it's trying to play them (and the picture is going properly with
audio sync) but I seem to get green bars all over the shop; usually
along the top but has been the sides.   Is there an command parameter in
mplayer to fix this or is it just "the way things are"?

Kinda drops the HAF down a touch.

Another question kind of related would be is there a way of marking
content as not being available for certain frontends?  That way I can
'hide' the HD stuff from the MII and the laptops/desktops can see/play
it fine.