[mythtv-users] Best way to listen to long spoken-word audio files

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sun Feb 17 21:24:13 UTC 2008

Thanks for replies so far. That's good to know that MythMusic can (or
maybe soon will be able to) remember the position within a track upon exit.

As with other posters, though, I don't think that MythMusic is the right
tool for this job, even though these files happen to be mp3s. MythMusic
controls are designed for skipping from one track to another, which
makes sense with 3 minute music tracks, but not half-hour audio tracks
when really we might want to fast-forward/rewind *within* the mp3.

In my case the mp3s are episodes of various radio series, and MythVideo
(in directory browse mode) would be a better fit, both in the browser to
select an episode, and the controls available while playing.

Do any devs know if there's any chance of the MythVideo Internal player
handling pure audio files, rather than A-V files? Would it be a hard job
to get it to support them?

Cheers,

John

--