[mythtv-users] mythshutdown: Could not initialize myth context. Exiting.

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 15:52:58 UTC 2008

> My auto shutdown/wake up is working perfectly still, so it's only the
> "Shutdown Now" option that's broken.
> Is it working for anyone else?
> (I'm running SVN 16053)

I have recently had an issue with shutting down but -H (and a little
rewrite of the script I was using) sorted it for me.

Like you, I am still having issues as you describe using SVN 15878
however.  The Shutdown Now option does not work and the logfile says
Could not initialize myth context. Exiting.

I am also looking for a solution or to whether I should add it to trac
as a problem?  Has anyone else got the same problem - if a few more
people have the same problem it probably needs adding to trac?

TIA