[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] M2NPV-VM wakes up immediately on s3 suspend

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 15:48:19 UTC 2008

On Feb 16, 2008 5:15 AM, Adolfo R. Brandes <arbrandes at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Problem:
>
>  I have a frontend running on an Asus M2NPV-VM (BIOS 1201), and was
> having problems with S3.  The box would enter standby (and resume)
> perfectly if all USB buses were disabled in /proc/acpi/wakeup, but
> would wake up immediately (i.e., after one or two seconds) otherwise.
> However, I have an USB Gyration Universal Media Center Remote, and
> naturally would like to use it to wake up the frontend.
>
>  The following thread pointed to an unacceptable solution, which is
> to unload the kernel module ohci_hcd during suspend.  This would fix
> the immediate wake-up (behaving exactly like disabling all USB buses
> on /proc/acpi/wakeup), but naturally would not let me wake up using an
> USB device:

>  After much fussing with no success (changing kernel versions,
> switching suspend methods, etc.), I came around to my last resort:
> mucking with the hardware.  I found out that unplugging all USB
> devices aside from the remote (4 wireless joypads for MythGame, 2
> dancepads for StepMania, and 1 smart UPS) would solve the problem.
> But that was not satisfactory either; I don't want to have to plug and
> unplug stuff everytime I suspend or resume.
>
> The Solution:
>
>  I figured out that you have to enable the +5VSB jumper on all the
> USB hubs that have devices connected to them, even if you're not going
> to use them to wake up the box!  In other words, turn them ALL on, not
> just the one where the wake-up device is connected.  Don't worry about
> joysticks waking up your machine randomly, because they won't;
> apparently only devices with power buttons can do so.
>
> Good luck,
> Adolfo
>
> PS: On my next post, how to fix the power button on the Gyration remote...

I have this same motherboard but have been unable to get S3 suspend to work
on Fedora 8.  It sleeps just fine and i can wake via remote but on resume
the video doesnt comeback.  I can ssh and all but the video doesnt wake up.
The only solution is to reboot.  Did you have this issue?  How did you fix
this?

Thanks,
Mitchell