[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20.2 xbox xebian pkgs now available

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 04:07:57 UTC 2008

OK,

I have updated the sources list as requested. Unfortuanatly it seems that
there is a still a problem with sunset.se
Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_sarge_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)

Somebody else (thanks to whomever it was) said that this is because they are
not supporting sarge any more........

But on the good side the Mythvideo did install, but does not seem to be
working properly.
- I can open it now without the error comming up.
- When selecting the gallery, you must traverse /unknownfolder/videos/ to
get to the list of movies
- the cover art is not dispalying ( it does on the backend if i run up the
"frontend" and go to videos)
- and none of the moives will actually play. ( again they work on the
backend )

But we are making progress !!!!!

Is it worth upgrading to Etch? will this fix the problems?
Would it be worth me downloading the larger version of the e-image?

thanks for your help

Chris
(PS sorry for the top posting but it seems that this is the way the thread
has gone. and for readablity sake i have gone with the flow......)
-----------------
apt-get update output.
---------
xbox2:~# vi /etc/apt/sources.list
xbox2:~# apt-get update
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main Packages
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main Release
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/contrib Packages
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/contrib Release
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/non-free Packages
Hit http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/non-free Release
Get:1 ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Packages
Err ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Packages
  Unable to fetch file, server said 'Can't open
/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz:
No such file or directory  ' [IP: 194.71.11.69 21]
Get:2 ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Release
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/main Packages
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/main Release
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/contrib Packages
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/contrib Release
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/non-free Packages
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/non-free Release
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/main Sources
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/main Release
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/contrib Sources
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/contrib Release
Ign ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Release
Get:3 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/main Packages [462kB]
Get:4 http://debian-multimedia.fx-services.com sarge/main Packages [38.7kB]
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/non-free Sources
Hit http://non-us.debian.org sarge/non-US/non-free Release
Hit http://yoeu.net sarge/main Packages
Hit http://alexfisher.me.uk sarge/main Packages
Ign http://yoeu.net sarge/main Release
Ign http://alexfisher.me.uk sarge/main Release
Get:5 http://debian-multimedia.fx-services.com sarge/main Release [128B]
Get:6 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/main Release [113B]
Hit http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/contrib Packages
Get:7 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/contrib Release [116B]
Hit http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/non-free Packages
Get:8 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/non-free Release [117B]
Get:9 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/main Sources [75.7kB]
Get:10 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/main Release [115B]
Hit http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/contrib Sources
Get:11 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/contrib Release [118B]
Hit http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/non-free Sources
Get:12 http://security.debian.org sarge/updates/non-free Release [119B]
Fetched 578kB in 26s (21.9kB/s)
Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
Unable to fetch file, server said 'Can't open
/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz:
No such file or directory  ' [IP: 194.71.11.69 21]
Reading Package Lists... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

---------------------
apt-get install mythvideo output
----------
xbox2:~# apt-get install mythvideo
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  mythvideo
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 150 not upgraded.
Need to get 571kB of archives.
After unpacking 73.7kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://yoeu.net sarge/main mythvideo 0.20-xebian.1 [571kB]
Fetched 571kB in 23s (24.7kB/s)
Reading changelogs... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_sarge_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
(Reading database ... 37874 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mythvideo 0.20-xebian.0 (using .../mythvideo_0.20-
xebian.1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mythvideo ...
Setting up mythvideo (0.20-xebian.1) ...

W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.sunet.se sarge/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_sarge_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
xbox2:~#