[mythtv-users] Advice on Proposed setup UK DVB-T

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Feb 15 11:21:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 11:10 +0000, Adam Retter wrote:
> So for playback and converting to DivX etc I will need to process the
> streams in software, what should I be thinking of in terms of CPU
> power for this?

for playback, not much.

for converting, well how long do you want to spend converting?

My guess is that you should buy a dual-core machine, this will allow
your machine to safely do a few things at the same time (playing,
converting, recording, etc...), and get the fastest thing you want to
pay for in order to future-proof your system (HD comes to mind).

Nico