[mythtv-users] AM2 Motherboard with PCI slots galore

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 03:22:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 9:03 PM, cal <cal at graggrag.com> wrote:
> Ronald Frazier wrote:
>  >>  Since I have 4 capture cards, a serial port card, and an IDE controller
>  >>  card, I need to have those 6 slots.
>  >
>  > Sorry, I can't find you anything like that. The best I can do is 5 slots:
>  > http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/motherboards_d/ASRock/AM2NF3-VSTA/
>  > http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/motherboards_d/Jetway/M2GT6-PTD/
>
>  Slightly off topic, but I'm moved to comment on the Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA...
>
>   Don't go there!

My advice is to stay very far away from ASROCK, FOXCONN, and ECS.

Your best results with AMD cpus will be with asus for desktops and
TYAN for servers. This comes from experience, I have put together
nearly 100 amd systems.

Also try to avoid motherboards with chipset fans. That is my only
complaint for asus. I have seen at least 25% of the chipset fans in my
department die in 1 to 2 years of 24/7 usage.

John