[mythtv-users] Missing /dev/lcd0 with Silverstone LC16M

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 03:15:50 UTC 2008

On 14/02/2008, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> Yes, I've now tried those instructions with both the imon & the imon_pad
>  options still no /dev/lcd0 created. I'm thinking about installing Knoppmyth
>  to see if that works

Before you reinstall, two options I suggest are:

i) install the lirc_imon driver using the debug=1 parameter, if not
already doing so. From your initial post, you also seem to have any
issue with LIRC devices not being created properly:

> Feb 10 17:56:18 myth lircd-0.8.2-CVS[2642]: could not get file information for /dev/lirc
> Feb 10 17:56:18 myth lircd-0.8.2-CVS[2642]: default_init(): No such file or directory

and

ii) try installing the standalone (i.e. non-LIRC) imon driver from
venky.ws to check you get get the VFD working under Linux. This is how
I currently run my LC16M case, using a 2.6.16 kernel.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/