[mythtv-users] Digital audio issues

Justin luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Wed Feb 13 06:07:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have my mythbox (using the latest SVN) connected to my mixer via a
digital optical cable.  I have an asoundrc file created according to the
documentation found here:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound

I am using the mixed-digital.

I also have AC3 and DTS to SPDIF passthrough enabled.

Sound works fine for livetv, recordings, and mythmusic.  However there
is a quirk in mythvideo.  I have some ISO movies, when I watch them the
sound is fine unless I try to fast forward, pause, or rewind.  As soon
as I unpause or finish fast forwarding or rewinding I get digital
noise.  In order to restore the sound I have to go back to the main menu
and restart the dvd.
Does anyone know what might cause this?  Is the audio signal somehow
changing after I pause it?   I have tried turning the mixer off and back
on but the noise persists making me believe it is a problem with the
signal being sent.

Also I have a second problem where if I set max audio channels to 5.1 I
get no sound at all.  Is there any documentation on the Max Audio
Channels & Upmixing?

Thanks