[mythtv-users] Missing /dev/lcd0 with Silverstone LC16M

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Wed Feb 13 04:40:12 UTC 2008

Anthony Giggins wrote:
>> I use KnoppMyth, but this should work for any distribution:
>>
>> mknod /dev/ldc0 c 180 144
>>
>> If your kernel uses udev, there may be a better way to do this (udev
>> rules).  Also, you may need to grant permissions to the process that
>> runs LDCproc so it can read/write to this device.
>>

> Tried that but I then get the error
>
> # LCDd
> imon: ERROR opening /dev/lcd0 (No such device).
> imon: Did you load the iMON VFD kernel module?
> imon: More info in lcdproc/docs/README.imon
> Driver [imon] init failed, return code < 0
> Could not load driver imon
> There is no output driver
> Critical error while initializing, abort.
>
> I'm not sure where to begin with udev rules if anyone has one of these
> running I'd really like to get their information including which distro they
> are using etc........
>
> Thanks for the help but I'm really lost here

Make sure /dev/lcd0 exists and is readable/writeable (above).

modprobe lirc_imon

This should insert the module.  Next you need to make sure
/etc/LCDd.conf is set-up properly (this may not even be stored in /etc/
on your distribution).  You need a line in there like this:

Driver=imon

Now you need to make sure LCDd can find this driver.  On my system it is
in /usr/lib/lcdproc/imon.so and there is a line like this in my
LCDd.conf file:

DriverPath=/usr/lib/lcdproc/

Note the trailing slash.  Re-read your LCDd.conf to make sure it is OK
and try to start the daemon now.

Bob