[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:21:26 UTC 2008

Apple's stock is up how much from a year ago (I know it's not as much as it
was but whatev's) Apple seems to do just fine paying itself.  My point is,
they are not giving away a copy of OS X on every Mac mini, just like Acer is
not giving away a copy of Windows.  I bet Acer's volume pricing deal with M$
puts the cost of windows in the same ball park as Apple charges for the
"value added" by OS X to their computers.  In fact, the cost is probably
more per machine.  That combined with the improved case, and the up charge
for the exclusive ability to run OS X (easily) would help to justify the
increased price of a given Mac when compared to a comparable PC.

The ratio [cost to develop Windows]/[# of number of windows PC's] vs [cost
to develop Mac OS]/[# of Apple computers] must be in Microsoft's favor,
given 90%ish market share they claim.