[mythtv-users] enter LiveTV at startup

F P zagor.fp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:25:10 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've just joined the list to ask you all on an issue I have.
I couldn't find any answer so far, either on the forums or on google.
I really hope you can spare some time to help me.

I run a mythbuntu 7.10 box, with a PVR-150.
The PVR is connected to a decoder (fastweb here in Italy, something
similar to a cable tv, I guess) through which I watch Sky programming.
The connection is through composite or s-video (tried both).

The only way I can record out of the composite/s-video source is
wtching LiveTV. If a schedule a recording and I keep the box on the
main page, the recorder will fail with the lame comment "Recorder
failed".
If instead I'm watching liveTV when the the recording is due, it will
be recorded all-right.

This does not happen if I want to record from the antenna source the
free channels. It only happens when I try to record from the decoder
through the composite/s-video input.

This issue is a big problem to me, for I can't schedule a recording
and let the box switch on and off automatically.

Can you help me solve this?
Or else, do you know a workaround to let the mythbox go straight to
livetv when starting up instead of staying to the main menu?

Thanks for your help
Francesco