[mythtv-users] Wierd issue trying to watch recording made with 0.20.2 on 0.21 trunk

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 00:01:57 UTC 2008

Hi

On Feb 11, 2008 5:23 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Oh, and while we greatly appreciate your trimming your replies, leaving
> in enough information that we can see what "that" means is very helpful
> (so we don't have to go to the archives to figure out how to respond).

I use a gmail account to read this list, and it does a great job at
threading the message. As such it was easy to understand what he wrote
within this thread.
I can imagine how people would have issues with another mail client.

optimize_mythdb.pl doesn't scan each recordings to update the jump table.
Moving from 0.20 to 0.21 means that your recording somehow aren't 100%
compatible, you can't fast forward or skip a few seconds forward. It
will even crash mythfrontend when you try to do so.

I had to run a command like:
mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --allkeys -c 1010 -s 20080207213000

Which is unfortunately not an easy task as the keys used aren't always
sync with the name of the recordings, o you can't run a batch based on
the file name in the recording directory.

I guess I should lodge a bug in mythtv because this is definitely
going to be a big problem for all people moving from 0.20 to 0.21

Jean-Yves